Sneak Peek Recipe from Paleo Meal Planning on a Budget!
- fat of choice
- 1 medium onion, medium-finely diced
- 1⁄2 (12-oz.) pkg. mushrooms, cleaned, de-stemmed, and sliced
- 11⁄2–2 lbs. chicken, chopped into bite-sized pieces 1 tsp. cumin
- 1–2 lemons
- 12 oz. cooked broccoli
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano salt and pepper
- Heat a large skillet with your fat of choice over medium heat.
- Add your onion and mushrooms and let them start to soften.
- While they are cooking, chop up your chicken and add it to the skillet. Mix well and allow it to cook.
- When it’s almost cooked through, add in your cumin, juice of half a lemon, and your broccoli. Mix.
- Add your basil, oregano, and juice of another half a lemon to the pan. Add a little more fat, salt, and pepper to the pan when your chicken is cooked. Mix it once again.
- Taste test and adjust seasoning as needed. Depend- ing on how juicy your lemon is, you might need another half or whole lemon’s worth of juice.